New Relic - Response Time
To use New Relic API v2 you must either use their "Pro" plan, or their free New Relic add-on via Heroku.
Finding your credentials (New Relic Account ID, App ID and REST API Key) isn't very straightforward.
- Log-in to New Relic's web interface.
- Click on the "Applications" tab in the upper left corner.
- Click on your desired application.
- Now grab the account id and app id from the URL.
- Now, click on your user account in the upper right corner to expand a menu.
- Click on "Account Settings".
- Click on "Api keys" in the sidebar.
- Here you should be able to activate/find/(re)generate API REST keys
Once you've obtained the necessary credentials, log in to HireFire and create a manager, using
web as its name (must be called
web , all lowercase, to reflect the Procfile entry
web ), set the
Web.NewRelic.V2.ResponseTime , configure the rest of the options to your liking and then save and enable the manager.
Once all of that's done, HireFire will be auto-scaling your web dynos.